These days, it seems like just about everyone has a blog. For those who’ve already dipped a toe into the blogging ocean, the benefits of this type of customer communication might be obvious – but if your dental surgery marketing efforts don’t involve blogging yet, you might still need a bit of convincing.
Blogging can be a great way to boost your marketing efforts. Here are just some of the ways blogging can help to market your dental surgery:
- It answers questions – Blog posts are a great way to provide both existing and potential patients with useful information, enabling you to build trust.
- It drives traffic to your website – Blogging gives you a way to regularly add new content, which can be shared on social media. Each blog post can also be optimised to help it perform better for certain keywords or phrases in the search engine results.
- Each post is an opportunity to generate new leads – Just make sure to include a clear call to action. For example, you could invite readers to make an appointment or have them sign up to your mailing list.
- Blog posts provide long-term results – When you first publish a blog post, it will probably lead to a brief surge in visitors to your site. But if the article is optimised and promoted on an ongoing basis, it will continue to draw in traffic for a long time to come.
How to decide what to write about
Of course, knowing the benefits of blogging is only the first step towards building a successful blog. You also need to set it up, and then start writing – and knowing what to write about can be difficult. Remember that the best-performing blog posts tend to be articles that provide useful information. If you’re having trouble coming up with writing topics, here are some ideas that might help:
- Listen to your patients – Choose frequently asked questions from your patients, and answer them in a blog post.
- Use online tools to help you think of new topics – For example, Google’s “People also ask” box might give you some good ideas.
- Ask your subscribers – Surveying your existing audience might give you a better idea of the sorts of topics they’d like to see on your blog.
An interesting and intriguing headline for each piece will also be helpful, and be sure to do some thorough proofreading before you press publish.
Here at Designer Dental, we provide a variety of marketing materials and other tools to help promote dental surgeries, including website design. To find out more, please get in touch today.